No one wants to experience toenail fungus (also called onychomycosis). However, it is relatively easy to be exposed to it. It can be caught from anywhere, from dark, moist shoes to steaming hot bathtubs and showers.
And once you’ve got it, you’ll need Drs. Kline + Green’s toenail fungus cream, Clear + Restore™, to help you remove it in 90 days.
However, if you take preventative measures, you can safeguard yourself against any potential toenail fungus exposure. Here’s are __ preventative tips to undertake:
Six Ways To Prevent Toenail Fungus
When it comes to toenail fungus, good hygiene is paramount. Keeping your toes clean and dry can ensure that you avoid any infections. That’s critical in all the following tips:
- Wear comfortable, correct-fitted and breathable footwear. The more air that is able to circulate in your feet, the drier it will be, and therefore, the less potential to get infected. Consider shoes that are made with breathable material like leather or canvas and are comfortably and correctly fitted so that your toenails aren’t rubbing against the shoes. It’s also advisable to wear socks that wick away perspiration.
- Alternate between shoes. As you continue to wear the same shoes, you’ll increase the amount of sweat within them; that can lead to increased chances of toenail fungus. That’s why you need to air out your shoes between wearings. Make sure you buy two-three pairs of shoes, and give them time to air out and dry thoroughly.
- Disinfect your shoes regularly. Use antifungal powder in your shoes to keep fungi at bay. Sprinkle the powder inside your shoes (and socks) before wearing them. This is particularly important in hot weather as your feet sweat more.
- Disinfect your home regularly. Your shower, bathtub, kitchen and laundry are high-areas of fungus growth. The heat from the hot water can create spots where fungus is developed, opening up exposure to your feet. By applying antibacterial spray to these areas and scrubbing them with bleach-based cleanser can eliminate the infection.
- Wear shoes in public areas. Let’s get this straight, public areas such as locker rooms, public pools, showers, and gyms are loaded with fungi. Always wear flip-flops, sandals, or shower shoes in these areas. It’s also important to wash and dry your feet after you’ve worked out or been exposed to these areas.
- Try this preventative foot soak. A mixture of saline solution can decrease the chances of toenail fungus. Since that is not readily available, you can salt instead. Just soak your feet for 5 to 10 minutes in a mixture of 2 teaspoons of salt per pint of warm water.
Getting Toenail Fungus Treatment Immediately
If you suspect that you have been exposed to toenail fungus, you must act immediately. The longer you leave it, the more likely it will grow and spread across your home. Worse, it can even spread to your hands and groin.
Applying a toenail fungus cream or nail repair gel can eliminate the infection and remove any of the accompanying symptoms, while helping your nails grow back stronger than ever before.
Sometimes, despite our best efforts, a fungal infection can return. If so, continue applying your toenail fungus cream and make use of these preventative measures.
Dr. Mitchell Kline and Dr. Jeremy Green are widely recognized as two of the most admired and trusted dermatologists globally. Due to our patented Drs. Kline + Green™ product line, we can provide instant nail repair relief. To enjoy beautiful clean nails, place your order today. You won’t be disappointed.